SENECA HEALTHCARE DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING DEPARTMENT MANGER (RAD/CT/US/MRI/DEXA)
FACILITY AND POSITION SUMMARY:
Seneca Healthcare District (SHD) is a community-oriented critical access hospital and clinic located in Northern California situated in the beautiful Lake Almanor area basin with a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency care. SHD is more than a hospital; we are a partner in health and wellness both inside and outside of our medical campus. As the healthcare industry seemingly becomes more streamlined and depersonalized, people are looking for a health care setting that feels more like a family. SHD strives to provide a consumer friendly environment by never forgetting that are in a business where our sole focus in on people.
SHD is committed to patient safety and quality care. That is why we are constantly working to be the provider of choice for our community. SHD encourages the efficient use of resources while providing a working environment that promotes the personal and professional growth of our employees. Join the team and Seneca Healthcare District and be more than a name badge, be part of a family made up of an entire community.
The Diagnostic Imaging department aggregate procedural volume is low with approximately 3,200 total procedures per year. The Imaging Manager is a working manager with a call rotation. Managers responsibilities include overall operational planning, coordination, and administration of the Diagnostic Imaging Services in support of our healthcare mission. The right candidate is one that embraces the philosophy that the most important thing in Healthcare is CARE.
General Radiography. AA or AS Degree in Radiology or graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of radiography. Valid and current certification by the State of California required. American Registry of Radiological Technology (ARRT) preferred. Fluoroscopy permit preferred.
Computerized Axial Tomography (CT).AA or AS Degree in Radiology or graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of radiography. Valid and current certification by the State of California required. Recent CT experience required with working knowledge of the Siemens CT platform preferred.
Minimum five (5) years Digital Radiography and CT experience including CT Angiography and Post processing reconstruction required. Experience with Siemens CT scanners preferred.
1. Oversee policies, procedures, programs, and budgets to ensure the quality and safety of services provided.
2. Recent experience and capable to work in the capacity of a Radiologic/CT Technologist including call.
3. Select, train, schedule, monitor, evaluate, and supervise employees.
4. Act as educational resource for department staff as needed.
5. Oversee new testing procedures and related protocols. Evaluate, recommend, and introduce new equipment and techniques.
6. Assure that quality standards established by the medical staff for department services is maintained.
7. Provide leadership in the Quality Improvement process:
a. Identifying important aspects of care and selecting relevant criteria to be monitored for process improvement.
b. Ensuring development of department Quality Improvement (QI) plans and establishment of performance standards.
c. Comparing practices of established best practice standards/plans and determine existence of any variances.
d. Communicating with staff regarding identified problems.
e. Ensuring appropriate action for problem resolution is initiated and monitoring performance is continued until performance standards are met.
f. Reviewing reports prior to submitting to appropriate committees to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of final recommendations.
g. Ensuring compliance with the Mammography Quality Standard Act (MQSA) by department staff assigned to mammography.
8. Manage human resources within the department:
a. Ensuring staff understand job requirements and performance expectations.
b. Overseeing departmental orientation and training, and ensuring staff’s development and competency.
c. Facilitating positive working relationships among department staff and other departments.
d. Monitoring morale of personnel/department and facilitating group cohesiveness/positive group dynamics.
e. Demonstrating effective leadership skills and creative motivational techniques.
f. Giving employees immediate corrective or confirming verbal feedback that focuses on specific performance and assist the employee in successfully carrying out responsibilities.
g. Completing staff’s performance evaluations timely.
h. Utilizing evaluation tools to acknowledge employee’s areas of strengths and to help identify individual areas of improvement by offering valid suggestions on how to improve performance.
i. Approving policies, action plans, projects, etc.
j. Noting potential problems and taking pro-active approaches thus precluding significant problems and facilitating positive resolution of critical issues.
k. Working closely with medical staff, facilitating positive working relationships, and contributing to optimal team cohesiveness.
l. Acting as a mentor for departmental personnel and assisting in formulating action plans, methodologies, and creative/innovative strategies for professional growth
m. Acting as a catalyst for others’ success as demonstrated by valid compliments or employees’ accomplishments of professional growth resulting from specific supervisory interventions and/or assistance.
9. Ensure departmental standards/safety practices are maintained:
a. Ensuring all departmental members demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to good personal safety practices (e.g. body mechanics, electrical and fire safety, security measures, chemical hazards, equipment utilization, etc).
b. Providing staff with training as needed regarding department specific safety concerns and hazardous material issues in accordance with regulatory standards.
c. Documenting all training/discussion sessions in accordance with established procedures.
d. Inspecting work environment regularly for safety conditions and adherence to work practice controls.
e. Initiating corrective actions immediately and ensuring follow-up for any discrepancies, safety infringements, hazardous conditions, etc.
f. Ensuring that 100% of all employee accidents are reported and thoroughly documented in accordance with established policies and procedures.
10. Effectively utilize problem-solving strategies.
11. Attend appropriate department managers meetings.
12. Prepare schedules for proper coverage of department.
13. Participate in the stand-by/call back schedule.
14. Assure that all clerical duties is complete and timely.
15. Attend and participate in workshops and seminars to keep current in changes in the health care field specific to Diagnostic Imaging.
16. Assure that the Imaging Department maintains a professional and helpful relationship with physicians, nursing staff, and other members of the facility’s team.
20. Practice the principles of ALARA and radiations safety. Keep film badges current and file reports of occupational radiation exposure.
22. Know and follow all general and departmental safety, security, and health policies and procedures. Utilize all safe work practices for department.
23. Complete annual employment health requirements in a timely manner.
24. Maintain required licenses, registrations, and certifications in an active/current status.
25. Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of all pertinent patient care information to assure that patients’ rights are protected.
26. Orient new employees to hazardous materials, safety, and proper use of equipment. Whenever new substances, processes, equipment or procedures are introduced, provide proper information and orientation.
27. Perform other related duties as assigned.
SAFETY AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducts the District’s business in an ethical and lawful manner, and is willing to report any knowledge of real or potential fraud or abuse according to District policy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND BASIC SKILLS: See attached.
SUPERVISED BY: Chief Nursing Officer
ORGANIZATIONAL POSITION: Diagnostic Imaging Department Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47.00 – $61.91 per hour
Description Who we areRokt is expanding rapidly and globally operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and...Apply For This Job
Do you want to know why Lendio is an awesome place to work? It’s people like you. Seriously. As a...Apply For This Job
Description Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university5+ years human resource generalist experienceExperience supporting hourly employee client groupsExperience in a call center,...Apply For This Job
Description Job Details Position Summary: We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Faculty Group Practice Secretary...Apply For This Job
Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates...Apply For This Job
Job Description AZZ Galvanizing Plymouth General Description This position is responsible for, but not limited to, directing and managing all...Apply For This Job