The work involves programming an embedded microcontroller (MCU) and transceiver to execute a novel networking protocol developed by the company. The Embedded Software Engineer should be prepared to program the interfaces of the MCU, run tests of the transceiver’s performance, and communicate results to medium access control (MAC)-layer software engineers and radio frequency (RF) engineers.
– US Citizenship and able to obtain DoD Security Clearance; active Secret preferred
– Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or an engineering field
– Digital and Wireless Radio/Communications Technology
– Real-Time Embedded Systems (RTOS, VxWorks, Xenomai, Linux)
– Real-Time Software/Hardware
– Software Documentation
– Embedded Software
– Object Oriented Software Design and Development
– Software Design/Development
– Experience programming Texas Instruments embedded controllers, specifically CC-family transceivers
– Experience with embedded microcontrollers
– Experience with microcontroller interfaces
– Multithreaded and Multiprocessor Applications
– Experience with Bluetooth systems
– Software Testing
– Radio frequency (RF) experience (such as setting up tests over channel emulators)
– FPGA experience a plus
– Some knowledge of wireless standards (e.g., WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)
– Network simulation (NS-3, OPNET, etc.)
Job ID: 4211
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company’s EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.