For over 35 years, the Sonance brand has been recognized as a world leader in the design and marketing of quality distributed audio systems including speaker systems, amplifiers, and electronics. Sonance and its parent company, Dana Innovations, have a history of introducing innovative products and concepts to the residential custom install market, many so disruptive as to have created entirely new product categories.
One such product, the world’s first in-wall dock for iPod, was launched in 2006 along with the introduction of the iPort brand. Today, iPort is known for its extremely successful line of products that hold, charge, and protect Apple iOS devices. iPort products can be found at point-of-sale stations, in conference rooms, and in high-end homes throughout the world.
Unveiled in 2009, TRUFIG brand products are revolutionary architectural and interior design solutions that allow disparate technologies to share consistent design aesthetics. Typically installed in walls and ceilings, these products are designed to blend into the space and virtually disappear.
Acquired in 2020, James Loudspeaker designs and manufactures high-performance speaker solutions for indoor, outdoor, and marine applications. James products maintain minimal visual presence while delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. And with unprecedented customization capabilities, superior fit and finish, and constant innovation, James has become the go-to audio brand for the world’s most exclusive homes.
Sonance, iPort, TRUFIG, and James Loudspeaker are preferred brands in the audio custom install market with products are sold in over 75 countries. We combine technology, innovation, and design into an exciting and fast-growing business – on pace to double in size over the next five years. Over 60% of our growth comes from product innovation and new business development. Dana Innovations invests heavily into R&D every year, and the team is committed to maintaining our leadership position while pioneering new markets.
Sonance, a renowned leader in the residential audio and custom install market, is expanding its software development capabilities. We are looking for a senior-level Software Engineer with experience developing audio-related products and solid knowledge of all aspects of embedded software system development. As one of early founding members of the team, you will have a great opportunity to drive a revolution in distributed audio systems by leveraging clever product design and intelligent networked systems.
The candidate must be capable of designing and implementing world-class software solutions on RTOS and Linux-based embedded devices using open-source, licensed, and/or internally-developed software components. Familiarity with industry audio-streaming solutions (Dante, AES67, AVB, etc.) and associated networked system protocols is a plus. The ideal candidate is passionate about their work and enjoys working with a close-knit team to build great things for the audio industry.
As a Senior/Lead Embedded Systems Software Engineer, you will strongly influence the evolution and development of our future products. You will be a key contributor to the product roadmap and strategy, drawing from your vast experience of embedded and networked system design, from basic HW/SW integration to services and high-level system applications. You will research and evaluate prospective software packages and technologies. Working with internal and external development partners, you will then architect, integrate, and refine software solutions for our next generation products. As an accomplished troubleshooter, you are comfortable hunting down bugs on your own, and you do not mind rolling up your sleeves to generate mature and efficient code when needed.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum B.S., M.S. EE or CS preferred, with emphasis on embedded software and digital network
· 5+ years of relevant software development experience, including at least 2 years developing multimedia-related embedded products on Linux and RTOS
· Knowledgeable in leveraging Open-Source Communities for software product development and deployments
· Ability to work with EVK reference hardware and perform bring-up, drivers porting, Open-Source packages installation, and open embedded systems like Yocto/Linux, FreeRTOS, and Zephyr OS
· Experience building custom drivers for embedded applications
· Familiar with BitBake, BitBucket, Git, GitLlab, Jira, Confluence, and Agile/SCRUM workflow
· Knowledgeable in software DevOps management including security and software packaging
· Knowledge of network devices including switches, routers, hubs, and access points, etc.
· Familiar with LAN & IP network-related concepts
· Experience with C, C++, Java, Python, JSON, and RESTful architectures
· Ability to accurately estimate software tasks and work to schedule
Desired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
· Working knowledge of software verifications and end-to-end system tests
· Good knowledge in Network Connectivity and Software Security
· Familiarity with IoT technologies such as MQTT Publish-Subscribe messaging system, sensors, and end-point devices
· Integration experience with Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC, and other forms of wireless communications
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally (
What separates the best from the rest
· DSP programming and development of audio-related software
· Audio streaming and network clock synchronization techniques
· Working knowledge of Alexa, Google Smart Home, and Cloud based Natural Language Processing Systems, experience in Cloud-based back-end system is a plus
· Ability to interpret hardware circuits, schematics, and block diagrams
· Effective written and verbal communication, including the ability to talk directly with suppliers and contractors
· Customer- and experience-focused perspective
· Independent minded yet collaborative by nature
· Sense of ownership and pride in one’s work
· Rigorous and methodical approach to problem solving
· Willing to acknowledge mistakes or if they don’t know something, a willingness to ask for help, and a hunger to always learn more
*Currently authorized to work in the United States
NEW $1,500.00 SIGN ON BONUS – Currently Available for eligible New Hires! Who We Are Centerline Communications, LLC works with...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a Junior Full-Stack Engineer to work on both the public-facing and Back End web applications under...Apply For This Job
Experienced Installation and Repair Technician in Telecommunications #readytowork Are you ready to work for a company that has the following:...Apply For This Job
The work we do everyday matters. From modernizing the grid and ensuring safe, reliable water delivery to creating smarter cities,...Apply For This Job
Why be a Tech Product Tester with Shiftsmart Role overview:As a Tech Product Tester you will test new tech devices...Apply For This Job
Position: Medical Assistant Location: Marion, ILShift: Monday 7am – 11am/4pm – 7pmTues 7am – 7pm Web 7am – 11amThurs 7am...Apply For This Job