Receive patients in the Radiology Department for exams and procedures and perform all duties associated with the throughput of patients including scheduling of exams and procedures in RIS, CERNER, Surginet and other systems required.
Perform other duties as assigned to include but not limited to, statistical data collection, maintenance of quality databases, customer service, obtain authorizations for exams and procedures.
Interact with patients, visitors, staff, physicians, members of the regulatory agencies and community.
Maintain equipment such as printer and fax machines and immediately report any malfunctions.
Required Qualifications: Associates Degree,and two years of medical office and/or hospital clerical experience, in lieu of degree at least 4 years of medical office or hospital clerical experience. Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. At least two years’ experience in Radiology.
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already partially vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
The regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulation allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
* Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
* All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
* This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
* This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
* Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine’s Employee Health Services*
* Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
* Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
* Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
* Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
*The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed.
Visit our page to learn about the total rewards we offer.