MEP Specialist will lead the effort in coordinating the MEP trades on major construction projects. This candidate will work with the project team to ensure successful completion of all MEP trade work.
1. Assist Schedulers and/or site personnel with developing detailed CPM schedules for all MEP installation activities, including cost and resource loading.
2. Assist in developing plans for the start‐up of MEP systems and commissioning of project with the project team.
3. Conduct site visits to review the quality of subcontractor installation, noting deficiencies, and working with project team to resolve issues. Review subcontractor change order pricing when requested to assist project team.
4. Coordinate activities, materials procurement and other related activities with Project Manager and field staff and communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed.
5. Facilitates the 3‐D coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to start of installations.
6. Interface directly with the assigned CxA and specifically manage all commissioning related documentation including pre-functional checklists, start-up checklists, and functional test documents.
7. Lead MEP subcontractors throughout duration of the project (from groundbreaking through commissioning and turnover to owner).
8. Provide warranty support and resolution plans to address open items.
9. Represent Sundt Construction in regard to the MEP process at weekly Owner and contractors meetings.
10. Review all MEP related submittals and confirm they are in compliance with the design criteria and contract.
11. Work with Superintendent on project logistics and temporary facility plans and review and approve material and equipment for MEP systems prior to installation.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. 3-6 years of experience (Step I) and 6-9 years of experience (Step II) in Construction/MEP Coordination.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
3. Experienced dealing with MEP subcontracts and subcontractors.
4. General understanding of Building Codes, Mechanical Codes, Electrical Codes and Plumbing Codes as they relate to construction of project.
5. Good understanding of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and low‐voltage systems.
6. MEP Specialist Step I will ideally have 3 years of experience as a Project Engineer.
7. MEP Specialist Step II will ideally have a combined total of 6-9 years of Project Engineer and Superintendent experience and should have experience coordinating MEP systems on large scale projects.
8. MEP Specialist must have an in depth knowledge of LEED especially as it relates to the Fundamental and Enhanced commissioning credits.
9. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs as well as Primavera P6.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
2. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
3. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
4. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
7. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
8. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
9. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
10. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
Note: Jobs with the Safety-Sensitive designation are those that include tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others such as operating a vehicle, operating equipment, operating machinery or power tools, repairing/maintaining the operation of any vehicle/equipment, the handling/disposal/transport of hazardous materials, or the handling/treatment/disposal of potentially flammable/combustible materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt is committed to the equal treatment of all employees, and/or applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, genetic information; or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, state, or local laws.
Job Title: Warehouse Administrative Specialist Job Location: College Park, GA We have an exciting opportunity for a WAREHOUSE Administrative Specialist...Apply For This Job
Dept Number/Name: 0-0282-000 / Parking and Transportation Svc Salary Plan: Administrative Salary Range: $48,000 – $54,000 Job Code/Title: 4431 /...Apply For This Job
HanesBrands Inc., (HBI) is a global company with more than 59,000 associates in 33 countries, all working together to create...Apply For This Job
CEVA Logistics is hiring a CDL A Local Dry Van Driver in Gary, IN. This is a 2nd shift position...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a two year experienced Class CDL Class A with operating a tractor trailer manual transmission, an...Apply For This Job
We are looking for an experienced truck driver to serve our supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely...Apply For This Job