Are you looking to be a part of an amazing team in the medical industry? The American Board of Family, a not-for-profit organization, is seeking an experienced individual for a Human Resource Generalist position. As of Summer 2020, ABFM has more than 100,000 Diplomates and is the third largest of 24 boards that make up the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). Through ABMS, the specialty boards work together to establish common standards for physicians to achieve and maintain Board Certification.
The Human Resource Generalist will be the organizational leader of people, performance, total rewards, development, and equity and belonging. This role will include compensation, benefits, compliance, employee relations, and recruiting/retention. The Human Resources Generalist also ensures a diverse workforce and fosters an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes accountability, empowerment and inclusion. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to deliver quality through attention to detail.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of persona, medical and proprietary information.
· Ability to cultivate a culture of collaboration and accountability as part of a team.
· Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to serve as a partner and consultant to the executive leadership team who provides overall organizational understanding and leadership.
· Excellent organizational management skills.
· Strong written and spoken communication skills.
· Ability to quickly and effectively solve problems.
· 3+ year’s human resources professional experience.
· Active affiliation with appropriate human resource networks and organizations preferred.
· SPHR and/or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
· Specific experience with Microsoft applications.
A Baccalaureate degree is required. Master’s degree a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.