Changes and repairs tires and tubes for various types of automotive and heavy duty motorized equipment; and performs other related duties as required.
At time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.
***Subject to funding availability***
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted. Applications must be submitted online by May 25, 2022, 11:59 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time (HST) to be accepted.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
There is one vacancy with the Department of Facility Maintenance, Automotive Equipment Service Division. This list may be used for future vacancies in this department.
Special Working Conditions:These positions may be exposed to potential explosive separations of multi-piece rim wheels or sudden release of the contained air of single-piece rim wheels.
Some experience and/or training in changing and repairing automotive and truck tires.
Such experience must have demonstrated knowledge of the most common practices, tools, materials and equipment used in changing and repairing tires of various types and sizes; and the ability to learn to readily recognize and repair tire damage; remove and mount tires of all sizes; and operate tire changing and dismantling equipment.
Possession of a valid appropriate driver’s license (automobile/Type 3), prior to appointment.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION: In addition to meeting the above minimum qualifications, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity, and/or recency of your training and experience.
Training and Experience Evaluation………………………………..100%
What are the benefits of being a City Employee?
— Vacation: Employees may earn up to 21 days per year.
— Sick Leave: Employees may earn up to 21 days per year.
— Holidays: 13 days a year; 14 days during election years.
— Training and Development: Computer, career, and personal enhancement courses are offered; curriculum designed for employee, supervisory, and management development.
— Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision Care: Various health insurance plans are available. Premiums are subsidized by the City and deductible from pre-tax income for participants of the Premium Conversion Plan (PCP).
— Group Life Insurance: No cost for eligible employees.
— Deferred Compensation Plan: Invest in your future…choose to defer part of your pre-tax income for retirement.
— Retirement Plan: The Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) of the State of Hawaii administers retirement benefits for State and County employees. Employee contribution required.
— Commuter Choice Pre-Tax Benefits: Employees may designate certain transportation expenses (TheBus, LOTMA, Vanpool Hawaii, etc.) as a pre-tax item
— Parking: Some job locations offer parking on-site; others may have access to parking at low monthly rates.
— Direct Deposit: Direct deposit of paychecks to a designated financial institution is available.
— Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Confidential, professional counseling and resource referral.
To view additional information, please visit our Benefits of City Employment page.
* All benefits as stated above, are subject to eligibility requirements and to legislative and/or negotiated changes. Individuals are responsible for any related fees or charges that may apply.
Failure to provide sufficient detailed and accurate information may result in your application being rejected or receiving a lower examination score. Do NOT submit a copy of your resume or position description in place of filling out the application or supplemental questionnaire. Unacceptable responses include “See above,” “Refer to resume,” “See attached.”
Do you meet this requirement?
For each job, include:
1) dates of employment (month/year you started to month/year you ended);
2) name of your employer
3) your job title;
4) hours worked per week;
5) the title(s) and number of employees you supervised (if applicable); and
6) the title of your immediate supervisor
1) March 2017 – October 2019
2) ABC Auto Repair
3) Service Technician
4) 40 hours per week
5) I did not supervise
6) My supervisor’s title was Lead Service Technician
1. Inspected tires to determine need for replacement.
2. Changed automobile tires.
3. Used tire changing machine for automobile tires.
4. Repaired automobile tires/tubes.
5. Changed truck tires.
6. Used tire changing machine or manual methods for truck tires.
7. Repaired light trucks tire/tubes (6.00-16 to 9.50-16.5)
8. Repaired truck tires (multi-piece rim/wheels).
9. Repaired medium duty truck tires (7.50-20 to 12.75-24.5)
10. Repaired heavy duty truck tires (10.00-22 to 12.75-24.5)
11. Repaired large construction equipment tires (17.5-25 and above).
12. Maintained records of number/types of repairs done.
If you had training and/or experience in the function, list it below and indicate how often you performed it (i.e., DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY, ANNUALLY).
* Required Question