Reports to: Town Administrator Location: Town Hall
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
In compliance with the Town HR Bylaws, performs a variety of administrative duties in support of the Towns Human Resources functions, including compensation and benefit administration; provides information and assistance to employees and the general public regarding human resources activities, policies and procedures; and performs a variety of technical duties relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Description of Supervision/Supervisory Responsibilities:
The position reports to the Town Administrator. The employee is required to work within established policies and procedures and the requirements of federal, state and local law (as applicable), with minimal direct supervision.
Essential Functions of Job:
The essential duties of functions listed below are illustrations of the type of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
1. Maintains all official employee personnel records and ensures their confidentiality.
2. Works with the Town Administrator to maintain job descriptions and employee handbooks to include policies and procedures and arranges for periodic reviews of such.
3. Assists with the recruitment and selection process as follows: prepares position postings and advertisements; forwards applications to Department Heads; schedules candidate interviews with Department Head, sends offer letters upon selection; performs new employee orientation.
4. Administers the time-off benefit program, including tracking sick, vacation, and personal time. Manages employee time off requests for leave, including disability claims and FMLA administration.
5. Administers the Workers Compensation program for job related injuries/illnesses and coordinates with the third-party claim administrator.
6. Administers the drug screening process.
7. Prepares and submits payroll hours to the Payroll Company bi-weekly, reconciling the reports with the Town Accountant and maintaining the records. Provides customer service to employees and investigates/resolves payroll issues.
8. Administers the online unemployment claims; responds to requests for information, prints monthly bill.
9. Processes child support orders and garnishments; sends payment to state agencies.
10. Provides employee information to The Retirement Board upon request.
Town of Orange, Massachusetts
2 HR Generalist 06 16 2021 tb
11. Administers Employee Benefit Plans; provides plan information to new employees, enrolls and terminates, prepares Open Enrollment communication pieces, prepares end of year ACA reports, administers COBRA and retiree benefit payments, reconciles monthly vendor bills and investigates errors.
12. Performs other work as required or assigned from time to time.
Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
Knowledge of principles of recruiting, record keeping, file maintenance and organizational development.
Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of compensation and benefit plans.
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with, and establish and maintain cooperative relationships with a diverse group of people including: town officials, employees and staff, governmental representatives, and the public.
Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form; aptitude with accounting processes.
Ability to administer human resources plans, policies and procedures.
Ability to read, interpret, understand and apply employment standards and procedures, applicable Federal and State rules and regulations, and Town policies and procedures.
Good organizational skills; detail oriented, takes initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritizes effectively, and meets deadlines.
Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and accounting/billing software (such as MS Office Suite and Payroll).
Honesty, reliability, high level of confidentiality, discretion, and good judgment essential.
Education and Experience/Other Requirements:
Associates Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field;
1 year of professional Human Resources experience;
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is an office-based job in a dynamic municipal office. While performing the duties of the Human Resources Administrator, the employee is required to: interact and communicate frequently with the other staff members and boards, and/or third parties transacting business with the Town; operate standard office equipment including computers and keyboards, at efficient speed; lifts/moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds and can move throughout the municipal offices.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Posted on :
Job Description Essential Responsibilities: Assist with processing endorsement requests, cancellations and reinstatements. Quote and print finance agreements as needed. Pre-check,...Apply For This Job
Job Description GET STARTED IN HEALTHCARE MARKETING SALES!iMatrix is the leader in Healthcare marketing solutions for over 10,000 small and...Apply For This Job
Description Englewood Cliffs Public Schools 2021-2022 School Year September 1st, 2021 Grade 2 TeacherSchool NurseMust have appropriate NJ State CertificationGrade...Apply For This Job
Description Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other...Apply For This Job
Description About NYC Health + Hospitals MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn,...Apply For This Job
Description When you join Verizon Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way...Apply For This Job