Trans International Trucking & Logistics is located San Pedro. We’ve been in business for 25 years and has built a reputation as a premier asset-based trucking and distribution company servicing 48 States and Mexico.
As a Staff Accountant, you’re one of the most important team members at Trans International. This position contributes to the success of the company as the Financial gate-keeper and work side-by-side with the CEO. This exciting high-visibility position effectively and efficiently manages the finance and accounting department, as well as achieving goals to help support management.
We are looking for a self-starter and fast learner. You must be very organized and loves team-work in order to fit well into our corporate culture. With a can-do attitude, you will learn about the industry and not just contributing your accounting and finance talent. Expect your voice to be heard and you’ll participate in many strategic initiatives for the company.
What We Offer:
· Medical – Kaiser and Blue Shield
· Dental – MetLife
· Vision – Vision Service Plan
· Life Insurance – Employer Sponsored
· Long-Term Disability
· Profit Sharing
· Vacation Time
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
What You’ll Do:
· Manage finance and accounting department, providing leadership, mentoring and management of people and process. Information, primarily financial in nature, about company activities that will assist management and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s future.
· Manages all accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable. You are both a Hands-on worker and Leader, helping develop and nurture best practices.
· Create/Evaluate systems, policies, and procedures.
· Ensures all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner in accordance to US GAAP standards.
· Ensure accuracy of monthly balancing of books and accounts review; prepares and presents monthly financial reporting to the executive team.
· Leads budget preparation, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification for proposed budgets.
· Provides management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress.
· Support the Company’s President in creating productivity matrix within the company.
· Ensures compliance with statutory reporting including payroll.
· Oversees customer invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and outsourced IT.
· Exerts the leadership shadow throughout the organization and leads finance.
· Manages and maintains all insurance policies including coverages, effectiveness, and analysis.
· Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
· Trucking/Transportation Industry Knowledge a PLUS
· MBA, CPA or equivalent preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum 8 years of corporate accounting/ finance experience with a strong command of US GAAP rules is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
Description Job DescriptionThe Accounting Specialist role will be the accounting team’s subject matter expert on the Company’s financial systems, primarily...Apply For This Job
Description **Job Summary:**Be a part of the talented team that brings America the #1 morning show! Good Morning America has...Apply For This Job
Job Description Who we are Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters...Apply For This Job
Job Description Retail Merchandising Services (RMS), based in Brooklyn Park, MN, specializes in providing product merchandising services within retailers throughout...Apply For This Job
Job Description Rival Solutions is looking for an ambitious and versatile Customer Account Manager. This customer account management opportunity will...Apply For This Job
Description Position Overview:Are you looking to work with really bright people who respect you for your contributions and your character?...Apply For This Job