The Staff Accountant will maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
· Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
· Prepares journal entries as required.
· Reconciles a variety of general ledger accounts on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
· Investigates any inventory valuation changes or discrepancies.
· Updates fixes asset records and maintains depreciation schedules.
· Tracks and posts credit card expenditures each month.
· Creates purchase orders for company SG&A expenses.
· Posts cash transactions.
· Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual review.
· Completes requested information for property tax returns
· Prepares and files state sales tax and tire tax monthly and annual returns.
· Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
· Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Able to work across departments in a team environment.
· Ability to intuitively interact with a variety of computer programs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
· Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
· At least three years of related experience required.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
Hawkins Ash CPAs is looking to hire an Staff Accountant for our Manitowoc office. As an Staff Accountant, you will:...Apply For This Job
Description Job DetailsJob LocationAdministration – New York, NYPosition TypeFull TimeJob Shift9:00am to 5:00pmJob CategoryAccountingDescriptionIntro/Program Description: Goddard Riverside Community Center (GRCC)...Apply For This Job
The Staff Accountant provides analytical and costing support to corporate and plant leadership for manufacturing operations. What your day may...Apply For This Job
Pacific Retirement Services, a non-profit leader in the senior living/hospitality industry, is seeking a highly skilled team-oriented Senior Accountant to...Apply For This Job
Description Overview Pinnacle Associates, Ltd. is a leading independent registered investment adviser that manages approximately $7 billion dollars in client...Apply For This Job
Description DescriptionWorking at Pizza Hut is about making hungry people happy. It’s about being independent and having fun, making new...Apply For This Job