UC Davis Medical Center
Web Application Front-End Developer
Salary Range: $2,552.00 – $4,820.00 Biweekly
Final Filing Date: 12/31/2022
The Front-End Developer, reporting directly to the Manager of Application Development, is primarily responsible for developing front-end portion of web applications for Academic Information Systems as well as providing leadership and guidance on front-end tools, technologies, and UI design. In collaboration with educational leadership, Academic Information Systems aims to provide superior technology and support for staff, students, and faculty for the Schools of Health.
The Front-End Developer will bring professional working experience and knowledge using best practices and follow generally accepted standards of front-end development. The front-end applications will be created using the departments current technology stack. They will be responsible for developing and supporting user-facing features while focusing on structure and design of web pages. This position focuses on building reusable components and pages, optimizing page loading times, and using necessary markup languages to create web pages. The Front-End Developer has experience aligning web design and user experience requirements, optimizing pages for maximum efficiency and intuitiveness, and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other responsibilities. The candidate must have strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years’ experience in user experience and design
• 3+ years’ experience with front-end web development using modern techniques and frameworks including Angular 10+, Node.js, npm, angular-cli, HTML5+, CSS3+, Responsive Design, Bootstrap 4+
• 3+ years’ experience in front-end web development tools, techniques, and methods for user-facing interfaces
• 3+ years’ experience in fixing front end related bug issues on existing client website and HTML prototypes
• 3+ years’ experience in work with open-source solutions and community; create web layouts from static images
• 3+ years’ experience in work in team environments that use various methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Lean); use version control systems (e.g., Git and GitHub); ensure Section 508 Compliance; Issue tracking (e.g.JIRA)
• 3+ years’ experience in integrating & implementing RESTFul API to the Front-end application.
• Ability to code using test-driven methodology like Cypress
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic and collaborative working environment and make independent decisions
• 3+ years’ experience using Visual Studio Code or similar IDE
• 3+ years’ experience using front-end build tools
• Demonstrated proficiency writing test cases with Cypress or similar framework
• Advanced technical skills and understanding of different technologies used in front-end web development
• Excellent debugging, problem solving, and testing required
• Able to work with minimal direction, provide good work estimates, and deliver maintainable software on schedule
• Provide internal and external documentation
• Able to rewrite existing applications using older technologies
• Able to update existing applications
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze business needs, user requirements and technical constraints and identify ways in which software or web designs can support those needs.
• Team player and work with multiple team members to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly targets
• Maintain an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education and self-study
• Solid experience with cross-device responsive web development techniques, page speed optimization and debugging tools.
• Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Responsive/Adaptive Design Experience (Desktop and Mobile)
• Experience with common libraries (jQuery and Angular/Ember/React) and debugging tools (Chrome Dev Tools, etc.)
• Knowledge of native DOM and Event APIs
• Good understanding of web performance and how browsers and DOM work
• Experience in using Spring Containers (with Spring Boot) for enterprise applications
• Understanding of functional and reactive programming in Java
• Experience in developing REST APIs using Spring Boot 2.0 (reactive) and skilled in Open API (swagger) specification
• Experience with unit testing of frontend components
• Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in architecture, including performance, accessibility, security, and usability.
• Experience using relational databases such as MySQL, MSSQL
• Experience with JBoss, Tomcat, IIS, or similar application server
• Knowledge of web accessibility standards
• Ability to interact with non-technical business peers
• Experience presenting and leading front-end development efforts for large projects
• Experience building applications in healthcare and life sciences and can address 508, WCAG, and HIPAA compliance concerns
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
• The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
Job ID 43018
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer