Jun 28, 2021
The Logistics Planner is accountable for the development of the overall and annual logistics plans and support of the development of commodity specific transportation plans for the Willow Project. The position is expected to provide critical planning early in the project to develop a comprehensive logistics plan to support the successful delivery of the project scope on schedule.
The Logistics Planner is a direct report to the Willow Logistics Manager. The Logistics Planner will interface with members of the Willow Integrated Material Management and Logistics Team, as well as Engineering, Fabrication, Construction, Drilling and Wells, Operations and Logistics and Installation contractor(s) to ensure the logistics plan is developed consistent with Willow Project objectives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for logistics planning for all aspects of the Willow project in support of Ground, Air, Personnel, and Camp operations.
• Provide key interface with engineering, fabrication, construction, drilling & completions, and logistics contractors to develop the most cost effective and efficient means of transporting project material and support infrastructure.
• Provide key interface with Supply Chain and material management functions, logistics contractors and major suppliers and fabricators to develop load out plans, transportation schedules, and contingency plans to support achievement of project schedule requirements.
• Assist in the development and/or review of project transportation studies and scenarios to evaluate cost effective transportation options.
• Progress logistics studies to identify critical constraints and recommended mitigations.
• Develop resource requirements to support the logistics plan and transportation plans.
• Assist in the development of the logistics contract strategy.
• Support the development of Requests for Information (RFI’s) and Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) for the selection of transportation contractor(s).
• Support the development of the project cost estimate and schedule.
• Actively promote Company knowledge sharing; apply best practices, synergies, and lessons learned from other projects and operations.
• Participates in emergency preparedness doctrine, training, and drills.
• Senior level, typically 10+ years of experience.
• Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in field.
• Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems.
• Influences others to achieve objectives.
• Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.
• Requires a strong/expert level understanding of logistics planning discipline.
• 2+ years with planning and scheduling.
• Primavera, MS Project (or similar scheduling software experience required)
• MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel required.
• Able to apply knowledge and experience to complex problems and develop recommendations.
• Makes recommendations and decisions within broad parameters.
• Acts as a formal resource for others with less experience.
• Previous logistics experience on large construction projects.
• Previous logistics experience in Alaska and/or the Arctic.
• Demonstrated strong technical competence, understanding of unique Alaska transportation requirements.
• Previous experience with similar Capital Projects Management System.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated performance as part of a team working large projects.
• Strong multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
• Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results.
• Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration to achieve goals.
• Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, encourages innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility, and positivity.
Location: Anchorage, AK
Duration: 12 months
DESCRIPTION Job Summary: The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for providing and overseeing the safe transportation of participants in a timely,...Apply For This Job
Company: US0005 Sysco Intermountain (Division of USA I) Zip Code: 84321 Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent Minimum...Apply For This Job
SummaryThe Manager Continuous Improvement supports the development of the Ryder Continuous Improvement culture across the Business Unit/Vertical by actively promoting...Apply For This Job
#Bellaire CLTD – Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution Tutor Jobs Varsity Tutors has students in #Bellaire looking for CLTD...Apply For This Job
The Brink’s name is a promise to respect the trust we’ve earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee...Apply For This Job
Pay starts at $24.47 Home Daily $2,000 avaible in Bonus Logistics done differently. Ranked as the #1 North American logistics...Apply For This Job