The Fiber Network Designer is responsible for the design, documentation, maintenance, and operation of the geographic information system (GIS) and related components to support United’s fiber network. The Fiber Network Designer will ensure the accuracy of mapping data, with the ability to evaluate and provide reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Perform fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) design and analysis functions in Crescent Link, ArcGIS, MapWise or other GIS systems that may be implemented by United. Also, must have ability to operate Microsoft Office suite of programs effectively.
2. Maintain strong knowledge of FTTH design and layout, with the ability to design both distributed tap and centralized splitter architectures.
3. Process fiber construction as-builts to include route verification and update required attributes.
4. Develop fiber feasibility studies as requested with equipment, labor, and material estimates.
5. Supply required documentation for system maintenance including fiber restoration and outages.
6. Assist with implementation, maintenance, and operation of the GIS system and related components.
7. Read and interpret maps, operate computerized mapping system, and maintain all map updates.
8. Prepare maps and reports for internal usage as well as compliance with outside agencies.
9. Ensure accuracy, completeness, processes, and techniques in accordance with United’s GIS input standards and data fields.
10. Have strong communication skills to interpret complex problems, evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations to management, contractors, and outside agencies.
11. Perform routine clerical functions as requested.
12. Learn and comply with all company and safety policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
13. Learn and utilize automated equipment as required by United.
14. Attend training and/or courses relating to area of work (overnight stays may be required). Daytime hours may fluctuate, and some evening and Saturday hours may be required to support the business needs of United Services.
15. This position is safety-sensitive, and the employee must learn and comply with all of the Corporation’s safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations, in addition to all other policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to the position of employment.
16. Perform all other duties that may be assigned by the CEO, COO, or designee.
The knowledge, skills, and behavior required for successful job performance.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in GIS or similar field; In Lieu of Bachelor’s degree, must have a minimum of five years of experience in the GIS field plus be willing to obtain a college degree with hours related to GIS
2. Experience: One to two years of experience working in the field of GIS
3. Skills: Have an effective working knowledge of ArcGIS and FTTH system design; have or acquire a thorough knowledge of first aid and CPR; must have and maintain a valid Missouri Class E driver’s license
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field of GIS; must be willing to obtain continuing education hours related to GIS
2. Experience: Five or more years of experience in telecommunications design using ArcGIS
This position has no supervisory responsibility of personnel.
The position incumbent must be able to perform under extreme pressure and remain calm in emergency situations; may be required to sit for long periods of time; occasional bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds; requires use of office equipment including a computer, related software, copy machines, etc.
This is a full-time position. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will report to the Savannah office but may be required to commute to the Maryville office and/or Excelsior office on occasion. Standard days of work are Monday through Friday. This position must be able to work flexible hours outside normal business hours, including weekends and holidays as required as well as emergency situations that may arise.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice. This position description is not deemed an employment contract and does not waive the employment at-will doctrine governed by the state of Missouri.
Failure to fulfill the requirements of this position description, changes in economic conditions, changes in operational policies or procedures, and/or other conditions or reasons may result in the elimination of this position and/or employee termination.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
SALES EXECUTIVE Tierra Vista Sales is recruiting full time Sales Executive positions at our Hurst, T.X and Ft. Worth, T.X....Apply For This Job
Manage and coordinate system implementation, data warehouse, infrastructure, and other projects as needed and required by Information Technology Department and...Apply For This Job
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a...Apply For This Job
Revature is the fastest growing employer of emerging technology talent in the US. We will hire over 300 new Entry...Apply For This Job
About NMS Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of...Apply For This Job
Telecommunications Representative At Majesty Marketing we have a proven track record for our client with new customer acquisitions and account...Apply For This Job