Who We Are: USCS is driven to advance, innovate and serve companies seeking the best service, facilities, and logistics in the cold chain. We are employee focused, an equal employment opportunity employer and would love to have you join our team.
The Maintenance Technician works from the USCS’ Standard Operating Procedures Manual, JSA’s, preventative maintenance schedule, project work orders, and production schedule. A Maintenance Technician is required to complete all daily, weekly, and annual preventative maintenance tasks within a scheduled time frame while maintaining and recording all required log sheets and history records. This position requires the use of judgment on the most efficient manner to complete the assigned projects and repairs.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Work in an atmosphere range of + 34 to – 10 degrees F.
• The noise level in the work area is usually moderate to high.
• Personal interaction and communication required to and from other people is extremely high.
• Daily workflow is fast paced, dependent on daily and seasonal customer and USCS company requirements.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform daily equipment inspections and necessary maintenance repairs.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Maintain organization, cleanliness, and inventory of Maintenance Shop
• Perform building maintenance with routine inspections of lighting, filters, vents, etc.
• Maintain outside grounds.
• Prepare building for seasonal changes.
• Maintain proper appearance of building by cleaning, painting and repairing.
• Notify management of unusual conditions and items needing repair.
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS
The requirements that an individual must absolutely possess to perform the essential functions of the job:
• Pass written and driving forklift exam. Capable of operating forklifts and their attachments.
• Have good arithmetic skills.
• Be able to read.
• Capable of following verbal and written instructions.
• Available to work various shifts.
• Capable of standing and walking extended periods of time.
• Understand and follow company policy as stated in the employee handbook.
• Able to be on call.
• Capable of learning/developing skill with new systems as they are introduced.
• Refrigeration Operator I / RETA CARO preferred, not required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for any routine maintenance or operational task assigned.
• General housekeeping of all maintenance areas including refrigeration system.
• Routine inspections of all equipment including but not limited to: Building, Handling and Refrigeration equipment.
• Take readings of compressors, evaporators, and receivers.
• Use of computer control system for refrigeration equipment.
• Safety, Sanitation, and Security: Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety.
• Serve on facility Emergency Response team and Safety Committee
The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below are representative of the qualifications required to successfully perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education: High School Diploma preferred
Current driver’s license
Previous warehouse maintenance experience preferred but not required.
Working knowledge of electrical (PLC’s relay logic and motor controls), hydraulics, mechanics, and excellent troubleshooting skills.
Knowledge of hydraulics and plumbing.
HVAC or similar refrigeration experience/understanding preferred.
Ability to read electrical schematics and blueprints preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
· Stand, walk; use hands and feet to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear.
· Use of telephones and warehouse machinery.
· The employee must be capable of occasionally lifting a minimum of 100 lbs.
· Work longer hours as needed to satisfy customers and USCS daily and seasonal requirements.
· Drive a registered motor vehicle to satisfy daily requirements.
· Able to lift and move product above head.
· Have acceptable and / or correctable vision.
· Capable of handling a wide variety of tools and equipment.
· Ability to pass annual pulmonary function test
Applicants are encouraged to apply on our site or email resume directly to; (url removed).
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
NOTICE TO CONSUMER
United States Cold Storage (“the Company”) is obligated to inform California residents of the personal information it collects and the business purposes for collecting the information.
This notice is intended to inform you that the Company may collect personal information from you. For details about the Company’s collection of personal information and purposes for collecting it, please visit our website at: (url removed)/ca-consumer-privacy-act
Machinist/ Toolmaker Viking Yacht Company, a leader in luxury yacht manufacturing, has immediate positions, both full and part time available...Apply For This Job
Now Hiring Part-Time School Bus Drivers in Washington , Missouri At First Student, our Bus Drivers are an integral part...Apply For This Job
Hiring immediately! New Increased Wages! Earn up to $18.90/hr! Lineage Logistics is seeking Shipping & Receiving Operators to join our...Apply For This Job
New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn a $100 bonus their first day. Shifts: Overnight, Early Morning,...Apply For This Job
Primary Location 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA Division Cox Communications Inc Job Level Individual Contributor Travel No Schedule...Apply For This Job
Primary Location: 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA Division: Cox Communications Inc Job Level: Individual Contributor Travel: Yes, 5...Apply For This Job