JOB TITLE: Manager of Telecommunications / Network Security
Position Description: Telecom Manager / Network Engineer
Salary / Negotiable / May train an exceptional candidate
REPORTS TO: Vice President of I.T.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: Manager will support and manage communications technologies in an organization, such as telephones, PCs/laptops, tablets, mobile phones, and fax machines, so that its daily operations happen seamlessly. The manager is required to have network experience and some degree of security protocols. The person will also support and manage the network and the cyber security of the organizations internal and external networks
The Telecommunications Manager monitors the configuration, setting up, maintenance, and upgrading of an organization’s LAN and WAN systems, network software and hardware, network security software and hardware, and voice, among others. They plan and assign work for installing, operating, and maintaining telecom network and equipment, such as routers, switches servers, and modems. Managers also supervise the installation of the latest facilities and locations. They document issues concerning telecom systems and maintenance.
They also work on fiber optic cabling, switching systems, voice mail, VoIP telephone systems, and network infrastructure.
The manager must have strong analytical skills, plus good written and spoken communication skills and organizational skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plan, devise, build, configure and commission telecommunications equipment, networks, and cyber security systems, including voice, data, cellular, digital data systems, etc. Identify the requirements and determine the cost of equipment, devices, and services. Assess and obtain new services and products from vendors. They choose and develop new telecommunication sites, prepare specifications, drawings, and procedures for the use of telecommunications equipment, and decide on the type and arrangement of circuits, transmission lines and equipment.
· Proactive support of internal and external cyber threats to the organization such as Phishing, malware, viruses, ransomware and hacking attempts.
· Maintain records on installation, resolution of issues, and replacement of equipment and parts. They need to identify the telecommunication requirements of their organizations and recommend purchases accordingly.
· Need to be in touch with all the latest developments in telecommunication technology. They need to discuss with vendors and sales teams on new products and upgrades.
· Develop telecommunications policies and procedures and its best practices for their organizations and also ensure that they comply with the federal government regulations.
· Identify and assess the requirements and issues of current telecommunications’ systems, such as interference and clarity, to come up with the most suitable ways of cutting down, removing, and preventing existing and future issues and improving communications. They oversee telecommunications’ systems to understand the requirements for upgrades, improvements, new systems, and preventive maintenance and act promptly to resolve issues if any.
· Assist designing and implementing our cyber security defense strategy.
· Calculate performance levels of system software and hardware to anticipate future requirements. They develop short-term and long-term plans for increasing capabilities, improving existing systems, and updating equipment in order to provide better telecommunications.
· Monitor the performance of their subordinate team members in their daily activities. They have to delegate tasks and provide training to new employees, besides providing training on new telecommunication equipment to existing personnel.
· Prepare the budget for their organizations’ telecommunications expenditures
· Insure the network and computational systems are proactively protected against attacks of all magnitude.
· Any work assigned by the VP of I.T..
· Must be creative and organized.
· Experience in the LTL trucking industry is preferred but not required.
· Must have good communication skills.
· Must be a team player working with all departments and service centers.
· Ability to work required hours (weekends, night shift, overtime if applicable) and travel if necessary.
· Minimum of five years’ experience in the Telecommunications arena.
· A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related degree is desired, however, not necessary.
· Network and security certifications desired, however, not necessary.
· Familiar with Cyber Security, MPLS, Sip Trucking and SD-Wan is a great value add, however, not necessary.
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Job Type: Full-time
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting...Apply For This Job
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and...Apply For This Job
Yonkers Animal Hospital is now hiring a Veterinary Technician Assistant to join our AMAZING team! We are looking for a...Apply For This Job
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role* A prestigious fortune 500 company is on...Apply For This Job
Sr. Manager Quality Assurance Operations-St. Louis MO Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a Science Discipline, Master’s degree preferred. 10+ years of...Apply For This Job
Fiber Technician – Grow your Cable Career! Grow your career with TriWire Engineering! Triwire Engineering Solutions, an industry leader in...Apply For This Job