Wesley International Academy is currently seeking full-time Elementary and Middle School Chinese teachers for school year 21-22. Overview:
Wesley International Academy is an IB public charter serving students kindergarten through eighth grade with daily Mandarin Chinese instruction in downtown Atlanta. As part of Wesley International Academy’s charter, Mandarin Chinese is a vital part of the daily curriculum for all students in all grades. Students learn to read, write, listen and speak fluently in Mandarin Chinese through curricula tailored for non-native Chinese speakers. The study of Chinese culture is also integrated into the curriculum to foster international perspectives tying in with the International Baccalaureate program.
1. Learn and contribute productively as individuals and as members of groups.
2. Instruct students through inquiry-focused, student-centered, communicative-oriented language teaching approaches that foster student understanding and learning through multiple learning modalities, styles, and intelligences.
3. Prepare lessons and units of study.
4. Administer varied types of performance assessments (e.g. Chinese Benchmark and YCT) to monitor and document student understanding.
5. Perform teacher duties (e.g. taking attendance and lunch duty)
6. Coordinate parent/teacher conferences and communication on an on-going basis to review student’s academic performance, behavior and other issues.
7. Attend and contributes to faculty meetings and professional development sessions in order to collaboratively develop the school policies, culture, and a more productive Chinese language learning environment.
8. Engage in Chinese extracurricular activities that foster the development of students understanding of Chinese culture and language.
9. Positively model the values and attitudes embodied in the IB Learner Profile and Wesley Way.
10. Actively engage as a teacher-leader, taking on responsibilities that contribute to higher student performance and the overall effectiveness of the school.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,676.00 – $75,000.00 per year
Location: Home-Based Job Type: Full Time – Flexible Salary: $28,00 to $53,180 Are you a fluent English speaker? Do you...Apply For This Job
Job Description The Board of Directors of Promise Academy seeks a dedicated and passionate High School English teacher to drive...Apply For This Job
We are seeking to hire an elementary 1st grade Lead Teacher. We are looking for passionate professionals to be a...Apply For This Job
We are an educational organization providing academic enrichment programs to elementary students after school hours. We are looking for an...Apply For This Job
Fulltime Special Education Teacher 2021-2022 School Year, start August 2, 2021 SOAR is committed to providing excellent educational opportunities to...Apply For This Job
Developing lesson plans and curriculum based on the needs of individual students. Providing conversational classes where pronunciation and important words...Apply For This Job