OFFICE OPERATIONS MANAGER
Y2 Consultants, LLC is seeking an experienced office operations manager for their Jackson office. Y2 is a growing engineering (civil, structural, geotechnical, environmental), survey, natural resource/planning firm based in Jackson, Wyoming, with a second office in Cheyenne, Wyoming. This position will provide leadership to the Jackson Office personnel; direct supervision to the program managers; assist with coordination of project work, budgets and scheduling; create and maintain strong working relationships with clients and partner firms; encourage and support efforts for strategic growth of the firm; ensure compliance with internal and external laws, rules, policies, and procedures; manage the office operations; be instrumental in supporting and encouraging Y2’s Mission, Vision, Values, and the Balanced Scorecard goals and objectives for the overall company as well as the individual programs, and other duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Master’s degree in Business Administration and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional office/client management experience OR Bachelor’s degree in at least one of the major technical disciplines practiced by the firm with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional office/project/client management experience.
2. Proven ability to lead and manage diverse company programs, interface effectively with upper management, the Cheyenne office staff, partners, and clients.
3. Ability to assist in managing multidisciplinary projects from small to large scope and complexity.
4. Professional attitude and appearance.
5. Communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing, and speak in front of large groups of individuals.
6. Display tact, professionalism, objectivity, and fairness in management and leadership decisions.
7. Demonstrate problem-solving skills and ability to resolve conflicts.
8. Ability to remain calm and composed during stressful and critical situations.
9. Must have an “ownership” mentality.
10. Able to prioritize projects and manage heavy workloads and company resources to meet or exceed expectations, goals and/or deadlines.
11. Ability to role-model, mentor, teach and assist staff with professional development and performance improvement.
12. Ability to delegate work to competent staff, providing clear direction of expected results and timeline, and oversee their work and progress.
13. Strong work ethic, attention to detail, well organized, self-motivated, analytical, and results oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Office Operations Manager’s primary responsibility is to facilitate and manage the orderly and business-like operation of the Jackson office. The Office Operations Manager will work closely with the Program Managers and the finance department on timekeeping, projects, and billing. She/He will report to the Y2 Operations Manager and coordinate with the Finance
Manager and Owners.
1. Supervise the Jackson Survey Program Manager, Engineering Department Manager, the
Natural Resources/Planning Department Manager, the Office Manager, Staff Engineer, and delegate tasks to maximize office effectiveness and efficiency.
2. Supervise final billing reviews, invoicing, data entry, accounts payable/receivable.
3. Act as liaison with clients, contractors, partners, and vendors.
4. Ensure departments/programs follow the scheduled accounting calendar and assist managers and staff on billing accuracy to ensure invoices sent to clients are correct.
5. Assist with aspects of a project from setup to close-out to ensure accurate time and data is maintained. Manage projections and backlog reporting process.
6. Assist in review of billing reports and assist with collection of delinquent payments. Work with clients and program and/or project managers on resolving project challenges and billing.
7. Assist with the creation, tracking, and management of the Jackson office budget. Modify and adjust as necessary to stay on or near budget.
8. Assist with the recruitment and retention of staff in the Jackson Office as needed.
9. Establish and maintain contract/report and correspondence files; maintain data management systems in line with the records’ retention program.
10. Develop and execute the annual business plan with the Operations Manager, the
Department Managers, and the Cheyenne Office Operations Manager.
11. Work directly with, supervise and support the Survey Program and the Engineering and
Natural Resources/Planning Department Managers.
12. Track and monitor the companies Balanced Scorecard (BSC) and progress and status of goals and objectives. Ensure the BSC’s are reviewed annually and updated every couple of years.
13. Responsible for continued team development, safety, and professional development training.
14. Collaborate and coordinate with the marketing group to execute successful marketing, business development and sales plans for the Jackson Office.
15. In coordination with Project Managers and other project staff, identify, address, and resolve project issues that affect client goals, objectives, and/or client satisfaction.
16. Create, maintain, and build professional client relationships to anticipate, identify, and initiate future opportunities within the existing and potential client base.
17. Prepare and coordinate the perceived presence and culture of both local and regional markets to establish, enhance, promote, and maintain the presence of the company.
18. Coordinate closely with the Cheyenne Office Operations Manager to balance workloads and ensure the efficient sharing of work and smooth transition of projects between offices.
19. Encourage and assist with the strategic growth of the firm as determined by the Executive
Leadership of the company.
20. Ensure the office staff adheres to internal and external established laws, rules, policies, and
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
This position is a full-time (minimum 40 hours/week), benefited position. Benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance; 401(k) plan; paid time off; life insurance; and short-and long-term disability insurance.
Salary commensurate with experience. $12,000 annual housing stipend for full-time, Jackson-based staff
(prorated by pay period). Subsidized housing may also be available.
Email cover letter, resume, and references (3 or more) with the job title in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
Operations SupervisorUnited Facilities, Inc., is seeking an Operations supervisor for our distribution center located in Stockton, California. This position is...Apply For This Job
Key Responsibilities Supervises employees involved in a variety of production and/or operation functions such as assembly, inspection, test, and/or final...Apply For This Job
The Sales Operations Manager plays a critical role in improving and scaling our sales operations to help Anitian effectively and...Apply For This Job
Job Details Level Management Job Location Miami Operations – Sunrise, FL Position Type Full Time Salary Range $50,000.00 – $60,000.00...Apply For This Job
Come join one of the fastest-growing online retailers in the country! Pink Lily is in search of a qualified Senior...Apply For This Job
NIGHT/WEEKEND OPERATIONS MANAGER Continental Express Inc., a full service transportation company that specializes in hauling refrigerated food products is currently...Apply For This Job