Pay rate: Up to $20.50
You’ll be part of the Amazon warehouse team that handles the big stuff ‘“ those unique customer orders that weigh over 50 pounds: big screen TVs, furniture, appliances, and more. You’ll be trained on how to use technology to handle these heavy bulk items. Even if you haven’t been a ‘œpower’ player before, that won’t limit you from gaining valuable job experience because you’ll be trained on powered industrial trucks (PIT) such as a forklift or pallet driver. Many shifts will have you at the helm of our power equipment getting orders ready for customers, but other times you’ll be on the warehouse floor of our fulfillment centers or delivery stations working with your teammates, tackling those hands-on items that need expert handling before they are sent along their delivery route. If you’re someone who thrives on being a heavy equipment operator, this is the opportunity for you.Duties & ResponsibilitiesSome of your duties may include:
– Operate powered industrial trucks (PIT). Equipment training and certification are provided free of cost
– Work at and operate machinery that reaches heights up to 35 feet
– Receive and put away heavy and bulk inventory
– Load boxes into trucks for shipment
– Use technology such as computers and smart phones
– View prompts on screens and follow direction for some tasks
You’ll also need to be able to:
– Lift up to 49 pounds
– Use safe practices and methods to handle products heavier than 50 pounds
– Stand and walk, as well as push, pull, squat, bend, and reach frequently during shifts
– Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around
– Go up and down stairs (where applicable)What it’s like at an Amazon XL Warehouse
– Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
– Surroundings. You’ll be operating and working around moving machines ‘“ order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
– Activity. In addition to sitting and standing while operating equipment, some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
– Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60°F and 90°F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90°F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
– Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
– Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required. Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.Why You’ll Love this Job
– Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
– Schedule options. Depending on where you work, schedules may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working additional hours if needed.
– Shift flexibility. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You can even have four-day workweeks, three-day weekends ‘“ and with Anytime Shifts, you can work as little as four hours per week.
– Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
– New skills. Depending on the role and location, you’ll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology ‘“ including handheld devices and robotics.
– Free training. We’ll teach you how to drive power industrial trucks (PIT) such as forklifts or a pallet driver, and how to work with the latest Amazon technology ‘“ including robots.
– Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.Why You’ll Love Amazon Many of our jobs come with great benefits ‘“ including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement ‘“ all in a safe and inclusive environment that’s been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
– Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
– Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
– Medical Advice Line
– Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
– Adoption Assistance
– Maternity and Parental Leave
– 401(k) savings plan
– Paid Time Off (PTO)
– Holiday pay opportunities
– Employee discounts
– Basic life insurance
– AD&D insurance
– Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
– On-the-job training and skills development
– Employee Assistance ProgramLearn more about Amazon Benefits and Culturehttps://hiring.amazon.com/why-amazon/benefits#/https://hiring.amazon.com/why-amazon/culture#/Requirements:
– Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirements and safety guidelines
How To Get Started
You can begin by applying below. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process#/.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/. PandoLogic. Keywords: Warehouse Worker, Location: Monroe, NC – 28110
0.53 Warehouse Team Member $1,000 Sign-On Bonus New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn a $100 bonus...Apply For This Job
Hiring immediately! Lineage Logistics is seeking High Reach Forklift Drivers to join our team in our warehouse in Riverside, CA....Apply For This Job
Job Description Company Summary Were the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At...Apply For This Job
Job Summary: Front Desk Agents are responsible for greeting and registering the guest providing outstanding guest service during their stay and...Apply For This Job
Job ID: 300279 Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, a CRH company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction...Apply For This Job
Description Description Processes product using tools (to include knives), manual labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim’s...Apply For This Job