The Summit County Government Weed Control Department is seeking a qualified Assistant Weed Control Manager to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Weed Control Department. The selected candidate will manage a crew of four seasonal staff and conduct weed control treatments. Selected candidate will possess great customer service, conflict management, and communication skills. This position usually works from May through October.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
• Trains new staff in all aspects of the Weed Control Technician position.
• Conducts educational workshops and presentations to HOA’s, including development of Power Point presentations.
• Performs onsite inspections and maintains accurate daily records and accounts
• Assists in implementation of County Weed Management Plan.
• Maintains all Weed Control in good working condition and works on GPS Mapping.
• Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Biology, Botany, Horticulture, Weed Science or satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training is preferred.
• Work Experience: Experience in weed control, natural resource management or related field preferred. Good mechanical knowledge and working knowledge of computers including Office programs preferred. Supervisory experience a plus.
• Licenses and Certifications: Valid Colorado Driver’s license required at time of appointment and throughout employment. Colorado Department of Agriculture Qualified Supervisors license required.
• Approximately half of the time will be spent outdoors managing noxious weeds and the other half spent indoors in the Weed Control work area. Activities can include but are not limited to; driving, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and sitting for extending periods. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
NOTICE: All persons accepting a position with Summit County Government will be required to provide valid proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or qualify for a medical or religious exemption. Persons who have accepted a final job offer may work with Summit County’s Human Resources Department on the process for requesting a religious or medical exemption. If you have questions regarding this statement, please contact HR directly at (970) 453-3450.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: This position is open until filled. To apply, please submit a Summit County Government job application and resume online at www.summitcountyco.gov/jobs. For questions regarding the position, please call Human Resources at 970-453-3450.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HIRING RANGE: $25.66-$28.23/hr. DOE and a bonus program is available! Summit County Government offers an excellent benefits package.