Operates and maintains two or more pieces of construction equipment as a primary, regular assignment in performing general construction and maintenance work; and performs other related duties as required.
At time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.
***Subject to funding availability.***
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted. Applications must be submitted online by July 20, 2022, 11:59 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time (HST) to be accepted.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
There is one (1) vacancy with the Department of Parks & Recreation, Park Maintenance and Recreation Services Division. Position serves as a disaster response worker during declared emergencies. Emergency work on evenings, weekends and holidays may be required. This list may be used to fill future vacancies in this and/or other departments.
Some notifications may be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your email account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
– use a valid e-mail account;
– verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
– are subscribed to e-mail notices;
– check your spam folders; and
– add [email protected] and [email protected] to your contact list.
Experience and/or training of sufficient scope and quality to show competence in the operation of two or more pieces of construction equipment representative of the class (e.g., graders, tractors (crawler or rubber-tired, 75 drawbar h.p. and over with bulldozing or similar attachments), cranes (crawler or truck mounted or standard power shovels with digging attachments of less than 3/4 cu. yd.), bituminous paving and finishing machines, trenching machines (over 5′ in depth), and similar mobile construction equipment).
Possession of a valid Hawaii State driver’s license (Type 3, Type 4, or an appropriate valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) with proper endorsements, as applicable); a current State Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Examination Certificate, as required; and a current Certificate of Fitness for Crane & Hoist Operator, as required.
CURRENT VACANCY REQUIRES:
At the time of Application:
1. Valid CDL Class A with “N” endorsement
2. Current State DOT Medical Examination Certificate
Prior to Appointment:
3. Certificate of Fitness for Crane & Hoist Operator
4. Hearing Conservation Program (HCP) test
5. State Hoisting Machine Operator Certificate with “TLL” (Large Telescopic Boom Cranes – Swing Cab) endorsement
The above certificates must be maintained on a current basis thereafter as a condition of employment.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION:
In addition to meeting the above minimum qualifications, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity and/or recency of your training and experience.
Training and Experience Evaluation…………………………….100%
***At time of interview, you are required to provide a current Driver History Record issued by the District Courts to the hiring department.***
***A pass/fail performance test may be administered by the hiring department as part of their selection process.***
What are the benefits of being a City Employee?
— Vacation: Employees may earn up to 21 days per year.
— Sick Leave: Employees may earn up to 21 days per year.
— Holidays: 13 days a year; 14 days during election years.
— Training and Development: Computer, career, and personal enhancement courses are offered; curriculum designed for employee, supervisory, and management development.
— Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision Care: Various health insurance plans are available. Premiums are subsidized by the City and deductible from pre-tax income for participants of the Premium Conversion Plan (PCP).
— Group Life Insurance: No cost for eligible employees.
— Deferred Compensation Plan: Invest in your future…choose to defer part of your pre-tax income for retirement.
— Retirement Plan: The Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) of the State of Hawaii administers retirement benefits for State and County employees. Employee contribution required.
— Commuter Choice Pre-Tax Benefits: Employees may designate certain transportation expenses (TheBus, LOTMA, Vanpool Hawaii, etc.) as a pre-tax item
— Parking: Some job locations offer parking on-site; others may have access to parking at low monthly rates.
— Direct Deposit: Direct deposit of paychecks to a designated financial institution is available.
— Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Confidential, professional counseling and resource referral.
To view additional information, please visit our Benefits of City Employment page.
* All benefits as stated above, are subject to eligibility requirements and to legislative and/or negotiated changes. Individuals are responsible for any related fees or charges that may apply.
I have read the above statement and understand that failure to provide sufficient detailed information may result in my application being rejected or receiving a lower examination score. I also understand that I may not submit resumes in lieu of filling out the application or answering the supplemental questionnaire.
Do you meet this experience requirement?
Verification Requirement: You must provide verification of your valid driver’s license in order to receive credit. Please attach a copy of your valid driver’s license (front and back of driver’s license) to your application; Or mail within 7 days of filing this application to the following address: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813. Copies will not be returned.
Please indicate below which type of driver’s license you possess.
Verification Requirement: Please attach a copy of your current State Department of Transportation Medical Examination Certificate to your application; Or mail within 7 days of filing this application to the following address: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813. Copies will not be returned.
1) the name of your employer;
2) your position title;
3) the dates you held the position (from month/year to month/year);
4) the number of hours worked per week;
5) the construction equipment you regularly operated & hours per week operating each equipment; and
6) the construction equipment you trained others on (if applicable).
1) Hawaiian Dredging
2) Construction Equipment Operator
3) 01/12 to present
4) 40 hours per week
5) I operated rollers (15 hrs/wk), graders (20 hrs/wk), and cranes (5 hrs/wk).
6) I trained others on operating graders.
I operated the following construction equipment for equivalent to at least 6 months full-time (40 hrs/week). (check off all that apply)
* Required Question