Desired Skills and Experience
– Active Coding Certification – ideally Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC)
– 3 years former inpatient coding or auditing experience
– Experience performing DRG auditing/coding validation on inpatient medical records utilizing ICD-10 and PCS guidelines on MS-DRG or APR-DRG claims.
– Able to follow job aids and client specific review guidelines for auditing/reviewing.
– NCCI/CCI edits experience
– Evaluation & management (E/M) coding experience
– Ability to work remotely from home in a home office space with a door
– Only possess this coding position, as it is against their contractual agreement with their clients for them to have another coding position outside of this position.
– Working knowledge of medical terminology and claim coding.
– Strong written and verbal communications skills.
– Strong customer service skills.
– Ability to work in a team.
– Proficient with personal computers
Investigate the client’s Waste and Error stopped claims by gathering information, researching state and federal guidelines, and following internal procedures to determine the viability of the claim for further review in a production environment.
Perform clinical review of professional (or facility) claims vs. medical records to determine if the claim is supported or unsupported. Will be working with the client’s External Commercial team consisting of other certified coders.
– Clinical Case Reviews -75%
– Perform clinical review of professional (or facility) claims vs. medical records to determine if the claim is supported or unsupported.
– Maintain standards for productivity and accuracy. Standards are defined by the department.
– Provide clear and concise clinical logic to the providers when necessary.
– Other internal customer correspondence and team needs 15%
– Attend and provide feedback during monthly meetings with assigned internal customer department.
– Provide continuous feedback on how to improve department relationships with internal team members and departments.
– Continue education 10%
– Keep up required Coding Certificate and/or Nursing Licensure.
– Complete compliance hours as required by the department.
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities? Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, etc.
How will performance be measured? monthly audits of reviewed work with a 95% or higher accuracy rate for goal
30 minutes Teams audio interview to hire
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 – $30.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote
Job Discription Are you seeking to do meaningful work for the community at an organization that has been named one...Apply For This Job
Job Discription GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION: Rochelle Community Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without...Apply For This Job
We are currently offering $1000 sign on bonus for all MA positions and Banner will assist you in becoming certified...Apply For This Job
Job Description Do you enjoy helping others? Are you looking for rewarding work? A Plus Health Care is immediately hiring...Apply For This Job
Specific Responsibilities: Review and follow up on daily mail received from carriers on claims which are denied or need additional...Apply For This Job
About us Sea Island Medical Care is a small business in Mount Pleasant, SC. We are customer-centric and social. Our...Apply For This Job