Here at Morgan & Morgan, we are proud to call ourselves the country’s largest injury law firm. Over the last 30 years, we have created an army of dedicated legal professionals who unite to revolutionize the legal space. We have a singular passion to reclaim the dignity of our clients that was taken from them by large corporations. With state-of-the-art technology, compassion and respect for all people, and a determined workforce combined to fight for justice we go to work ready to win for everyone, everywhere, every day.
Were looking for an Operations Paralegal- Trial Support to join our Case Operations Department. Minimum two years experience as Paralegal or legal assistant with experience in personal injury cases. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate information with courtesy and tactfulness with a diverse group of personalities and clients. Flexible under pressure. This role will be based out of our Brooklyn, NY office but will support teams in Georgia and Florida.
* Accomplish strategic objectives by overseeing multiple project activities.
* Communicate job expectations by planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
* Assist in the preparation and trial of lawsuits by participating in discovery activities, drafting motions, pleadings, and subpoenas, and obtaining witnesses/hiring experts
* Conduct legal research, file management, and case progression activities.
* Draft correspondence to opposing attorneys, claims regarding discovery matters, case status or motions
* Draft interrogatories and other discovery and/or motions for attorney review
* Obtain, compile, and analyze records for discovery. Analyzes and appropriately handles or responds to incoming discovery
* Prepare experts or other witnesses; coordinates any other necessary pre-trial and/or trial activities as required
* Summarize discovery, index depositions, draft jury instructions, draft subpoenas and pre-trial statements
* Contacts parties and witnesses concerning trial dates and coordinates with the attorney regarding appearance and testimony
* Present a professional and helpful appearance
* Assists in other areas of department or other departments as required
* Personal Injury experience required
* Trial experience required
* Must be comfortable with Florida and Georgia law
* Paralegal degree or paralegal certification from an accredited institute of learning or similar experience.
* Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards; personal and professional integrity, unquestioned discretion in maintaining confidentiality.
* Three to five (3-5) years paralegal experience required
* Ability to handle small matters with little to no oversight or direction and handle medium size matters with some oversight and direction
* Accurate, thorough, and keen attention to detail
* Comprehensive knowledge of legal terminology
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communication skills in both public and private settings
* PC Literate with a firm understanding of Microsoft Office Programs
* Diplomacy, pragmatism and assertiveness.
* Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced organization.
* Flexibility and adaptability to rapid change.
* Positive attitude and sense of humor.
* Advanced skills in computer technology
Morgan & Morgan is the largest injury law firm in the country. We are dedicated to protecting the people, not the powerful. This success starts with our staff.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Posted on :
Description Holland Enterprises, Inc. is a long haul refrigerated carrier. We operate 350 trucks. Our average length of haul is...Apply For This Job
Job Description Our Global Business Sales team focuses on selling customized full-scale business solutions in a defined vertical or territory....Apply For This Job
Job Description Position Overview Successful State Farm Agent is seeking a qualified professional to join their winning team for the...Apply For This Job
Medical Network of Alaska is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our team. Scheudle: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm General Summary: A...Apply For This Job
Job Description Sidwell is seeking a Sales Account Manager to foster growth and expansion within our existing customer base. As...Apply For This Job
Description Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe,...Apply For This Job