Company Vision: Leidy’s is a value added supply chain partner to the specialty food industry. We strive to be best in class and provide our customers with goods and services others cannot or will not provide. We utilize our assets to help our customers create points of differentiation, as well as provide a safe and profitable market for our local family-farming partners to sell their livestock.
The HR Generalist is responsible for coordinating and assisting the Director of HR with the employee relations/benefit programs and other HR functions. This person has responsibility for benefits administration, hiring safety programs, and risk management programs. These functions include responsibility for developing, interpreting, and recommending program goals and objectives, policies, and procedures, and courses of action. The position is responsible for managing the employee relations and benefits activities according to established guidelines and sound administrative practices and in accordance with the organization’s mission, values and goals.
· Assist and participate in employee orientations
· Assist in training of employees in career advancement and maintaining and increasing job skills
· Assist managers in areas that will promote good employee relations
· Investigates problems such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and complaints. Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental management and individuals.
· Assists the Director of Human Resources in the development of policies and procedures.
· Advises and assists in developing, planning, directing, and implementing procedures to produce effective and efficient management of the employee relations function.
· Facilitates communication among employees and management by providing guidance and consultation regarding problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance, litigation avoidance and strives to resolve internal conflict informally through appropriate conflict management and mediation techniques.
· Assists Director of HR with performance evaluation process (initial probation process and annual evaluations), including recommendations for process improvement as well as implementation.
· Serves as liaison with all benefits vendors.
· Assists HR with the employee retirement recognition programs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree or minimum 7 years of experience in Human Resources.
· 3+ years of progressive HR Generalist experience, preferably with experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Fundamental and working knowledge of computers, including MS Office applications (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access).
· Meat or Food Industry experience is a plus.
· Bilingual a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Description Front Desk Receptionist – MedicalLong Island City (Queens), NYThe Floating Hospital, a non-profit healthcare provider, is seeking a full-time(bi-lingual...Apply For This Job
Description OVERVIEW Experience a place of energy, passion, and excitement. A place where the joy of discovery and uncommon artistry...Apply For This Job
University of Iowa Pharmaceuticals (UIP) is an FDA registered contract manufacturing facility for parenteral and various non-sterile dosage forms. They...Apply For This Job
ANTICIPATED OPENING POSITION #: 1003 GRADE: 12 JOB DESCRIPTION FORM WASHINGTON COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC. POSITION: HR Generalist DIVISION:...Apply For This Job
Description Job Summary:Location: NYC (but remote until TBD)At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through...Apply For This Job
We are currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist who is comfortable and capable of working independently in a manufacturing...Apply For This Job