The HR Generalist is responsible for performing general HR-related duties supporting operations and corporate. Specific focus areas include working daily on payroll processing, filing, data entry, benefits processing, and new hire-related paperwork. The HRG prepares hourly and salary payroll, reconciles benefit invoices, processes new hires, recruits, onboarding, employee tracking, and reporting, and contributes to continuously improving HR systems and processes.
The successful candidate will: set high standards of performance for themselves and others; be professional in appearance, written, verbal and personal communications in any situation; seek opportunities to learn and develop new skills, knowledge, and experiences; have an analytical mindset that can utilize factual data to build creative and business-oriented solutions; be self-aware and adjust accordingly to different environments and audiences; be punctual; and be flexible to adapt and adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
This role will work under the direction of the HR Manager/Director.
Detailed Essential Duties and Responsibility:
Include the following but are not all-inclusive. Management reserves the right to change or modify the functions of the job as required to meet the organization’s needs.
· Payroll and benefits administration
· Runs and reconciles various reports from ADP
· All filing within the department to include; creating, organizing, and maintaining the filing systems
· Data entry of information into the payroll system, benefit databases, enrollments, and general databases
· Maintenance, editing, processing of payroll for hourly and salary individuals
· Reconciliation of Benefit related bills for processing by the Accounting Department
· Orientation of new hires, to include all associated paperwork
· Arranging new-hire safety training & drug testing (if necessary)
· Answering fundamental Human Resource, benefit, and payroll questions
· Maintaining Workers’ Compensation monthly audit report
· Placement of advertising and other types of recruiting material
· Processes internal paperwork for employee status changes such as transfers, separations, promotions, etc. and maintains physical and electronic files
· Assists the HR Manager/Director and Operations team in tracking employee job assignment and pay changes
· Facilitates pre-employment testing and coordinates the new hire onboarding process
· Builds and maintains strong working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
· Works with the hiring managers throughout the recruiting process from open job vacancies to facilitate candidate interviews and manage applicant’s status utilizing the Company’s applicant tracking system
· Participates in job fairs, industry associations, and outreach activities
· Provides various HR-related reports to management such as hiring activity, EEO reporting, metrics and statistics, and other information as required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,335.00 – $52,300.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location