A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
To direct and coordinate the operation of a designated group or groups to provide efficient, cost effective and timely provision of high quality goods and/or services.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Plans and supervises execution of daily activities in assigned area(s). Assigns and delegates tasks. Monitors schedule performance. Develops and implements corrective actions.
2. Develops and implements local and shorter-term solutions supporting departmental, divisional and corporate policies and decisions. Contributes to policy-making process.
3. Establish, maintain, and monitor processes and procedures ensuring high quality of the area product/service, efficient operation, and compliance with ISO 9001 requirements and corporate policies.
4. Assures the product of service of the assigned area meets all applicable quality requirements (i.e. engineering, project specific, product and industry standards).
5. Control cost of providing the products and services of assigned area(s). Monitors actual costs against standard costs and planned project costs and directs corrective action. Directs development and implementation of product, system and project cost improvements.
6. Establishes and applies performance metrics. Identifies opportunities for process and quality improvement. Evaluates employee performance and opportunities for improvement. Develops and implements solutions to process, quality and employee improvement opportunities.
7. Maintains operation of assigned area(s) in compliance with budgetary guidelines. Collaborates on budget development, monitors performance, takes corrective action and directs continuous cost improvements of all areas including labor, expenses, assessments, and capital.
8. Monitors demand for area services and adjusts staffing levels to meet requirements using available methods including internal resources, contract agencies, and direct hiring.
9. Ensures assigned staff are qualified and appropriately trained for assigned work. Create and maintain training plans and records. Assures that appropriate training program(s) are in place and yielding required results.
10. Manages employee performance development to maximize employee performance and satisfaction.
11. Acts as the primary representative of assigned area(s). Collaborates with internal and outside groups as needed to achieve area goals and to support goals of other areas within MTS.
12. Responsible for effective control and maintenance of assets to meet department goals. Develops lower cost capital proposals independently. Develops moderate to high cost capital proposals with oversight by another management level.
Associate degree in an applicable discipline and 4 years applicable experience to include minimum of 1 year prior lead/supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, OR High school diploma or equivalent and 8 years applicable experience to include minimum of 1 year prior lead/supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Start a career in management of front line teams in an exciting airport operation. Great perks, such as use of...Apply For This Job
Position Summary: Fusion Worldwide is hiring an Operations Manager to act as a key operational leader reporting to the COO...Apply For This Job
By clicking the “Apply” button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda will commence and that the information...Apply For This Job
With over 40 years of success, 3 Day Blinds has become the leading national retailer and manufacturer of quality custom...Apply For This Job
Overview CBM Systems, a Marsden Holding Company, is a facility services provider with an unmatched reputation for operational excellence. We...Apply For This Job
We are looking to hire an experienced Operations Manager to plan, direct and coordinate the operations of our organization. The...Apply For This Job