Imagine a company that recognizes excellence in not only the products it sells, but also in its employees. R.S. Hughes Company, Inc. is that company. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of quality and professionalism — and we treat our employees like the valuable assets they are.
Founded in 1954, R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. is a dynamic, North American distributor of industrial supplies. With 49 warehouse sites in the United States and Mexico, we maintain an extensive inventory of adhesives, abrasives, electrical, static control, tapes, labeling and safety products.
In addition to competitive salaries and benefits, we offer an environment that asks you to make a difference. We value hard work and common sense, and we consistently reward those that exemplify these traits. If you’re looking for a great team to grow with and if you are willing to embrace the challenges of being expected to be the best, we welcome you to come join the R.S. Hughes Company, Inc. team!
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management across the organization. This role is expected to be a change agent by providing strategic HR leadership that helps influence and grow the business. The successful candidate will be tasked with streamlining HR functions, reporting on HR metrics, reducing employee turnover, workforce planning, managing termination processes, managing risks, and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. This role is expected to adhere to all company policies and safety protocols.
Key Competencies Required to be Successful as a Human Resources Business Partner
· Work with relevant stakeholders to help spearhead people programs and strategies that enhance our culture — including performance management, compensation, talent development & feedback, employee engagement & retention, and internal communications.
· Partner with Leadership on org design, planning, and execution across the organization.
· Provide coaching/guidance on skill & professional development, career pathing and leveling, change management, org design, and tricky people situations.
· Identify and advise leadership on the development needs of their teams and functions.
· Approach people matters with an eye toward compliance and reducing risks; help build and apply HR policies and manage employee relations issues.
· Identify specific behaviors that contribute to macro patterns and provide solutions on how to address them.
· Analyze trends & use data to develop people programs and influence change.
· Promote professionalism in communication and build trust across all levels of the organization as a representative/champion of HR through meetings, written communications, and daily interactions with team members at every level
· Assess needs and performance gaps from which effective training and development opportunities are provided that meet the organization’s needs, in collaboration with VP of Human Resources.
· Ensure that an effective performance management program is in place and utilized to drive a high performing culture
· Work with HR team to update existing onboarding processes and forms to include geographically specific forms/agreements for signature, storage, and access for handbooks and other “for employee records only” documents, and generation of a more robust ‘onboarding checklist’ procedure and documents structured by position and classification.
· Work closely with HR Leadership to help to build out functionality of system in such areas as performance management/succession planning, compensation management, reporting and analytics, labor and payroll reporting, and benefit compliance/utilization, with the goal of improving efficiencies and maximizing system capabilities.
· Determine the best ways to maximize the efficiencies of the system and create an employee and manager experience for the company.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or related study or four years of additional HR experience beyond the below required experience
· Minimum five years of experience in progressively senior-level Human Resource positions
· Expertise in HR principles and practices—certification preferred
· Advanced knowledge of various employment laws including
· Must have Experience and strong understanding with building Affirmative Action Plans, analyzing data, developing action plans along with measurable KPI’s
Skills That Will Make You Successful
· Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and prioritize workload accordingly while being a member of high performing team
· Ability to influence, develop, and inspire other HR professionals (may include leading and managing other HR Business Partners in the future) in a high growth, rapidly changing environment
· Ability to understand business goals as well as design and implement new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company
· Desire and ability to be an influential and credible senior HR leader within the team, including setting the tone, agenda, and direction of the HR team and providing the necessary support, follow up, and leadership to ensure the team achieves desired results
· Understand the entire talent system and each stage of the employee lifecycle and applies that understanding to craft integrated solutions that are thoughtful and reinforced by upstream and downstream talent programs
· Solutions focused with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
· Bias for action, stellar work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
· Operate with autonomy and discretion—a true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
· Success in this role will require influential partnership with middle and senior management within the organization to execute the HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Work Location: Remote